Friday, August 7, 2009

Winding down the week

I woke up and got in a nice run this morning. The weather is perfect for running. It really made me look forward to running all fall. I really want to run a 10K, so maybe the end of this fall will be the perfect timing. Only time will tell, because I am letting my body dictate my actions more and more these days, only allowing my mind to interject when it has something worth value to contribute. Case in point:

Fiance and I went on our usual date night out and we chose a greek place for dinner. I wanted something sweet all day, so I instantly wanted baklava. With this in mind, I ordered a light dinner and saved plenty of room (and points) for baklava. For dinner I chose the vegetarian platter with 2 falafel, a tomato and cucumber salad, tabbouleh and parsley salad, and hummus. Then I ordered dessert, I asked the waiter to only bring half the portion to the table and box the other half for me to take home.

The good choices continue. I'm sure it makes for a boring story, but it's been so hard for me lately that it's only appropriate that a celebrate every success, no matter how small!

3 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

So you ordered the speck of baklava. Excellent choice!

Carlos said...

im a complete slut for baklava...

Bare It All said...

I like the idea of boxing the rest before you even take a bite. Yummy and smart!