Things I have done
Things I plan to do
Things you can do too
I wanted to relive some of my greatest moments- things that I am eternally proud of- to remind myself of the power of trying new and scary things, setting goals, and achieving them. None of these things came easily- nothing good ever does. It's important to remember that the road ahead is long and it's an up-hill battle, but working towards and achieving one goal is a catalyst for more goals. Set a new goal for yourself, work towards it, and you'll be pleased to see the change in your attitude. Nothing will feel out of reach. That's how I am sure that the new "Things I plan to do" will lead me to a better, more fulfilled and happier me!
My younger years
1. I started my own food drive in 5th grade to collect food for Veterans
2. I won two national titles for competitive cheerleading (Age 10 and 12)
3. I was invited to take the SAT's as a and 7th and 8th-grader and I scored better than most kids entering college that year
4. I was the youngest ballerina at my dance school to be invited to take Pointe (toe shoes) at 12 years old
5. I served as a junior member of the Ladies Marine Corp League- doing community service and projects for local veterans
6. My 6th grade artwork was put on a special display in my elementary school
7. I went out for a made the cheerleading team all 4 years of high school
8. I was named the captain 3/4 years
9. I also made the co-ed competitive cheerleading team as a freshman (only 1 other girl did!)
10. My artwork was selected to be displayed at the county library, highlighting talented artists
11. I took 4 AP tests, passed all of them, and scored high enough to receive college credit for 2 of them
12. I received 3 additional scholarships from outside groups (I applied for probably 40!)
13. I was offered a "full-ride" to Northeastern U (No, I didn't take it)
14. I planned a successful conference for 200+ people that included workshops, fun events, and community service projects
15. I participated in 2 week long Habitat for Humanity project during my college spring breaks
16. I organized a car show and raised $1000 for a local hospital
17. I coordinated a group of 20 volunteers for a YMCA fundraiser that raised over 50,000
18. I filed for a patent on a medical device that I designed with colleagues in college (this one is a biggy, as it was a lifetime goal I had set for myself!)
19. I graduated college and met my goal GPA upon graduation
20. I explored many career options while in college, I held 4 co-operative education jobs at different pharmaceutical and medical device companies
21. I garnered more research funding for my co-op company thanks to the work I did and the presentation I made to the funding sponsor company
22. I received a beautiful award upon graduation for my dedication to the Co-operative Education program at my college
23. I took control of my life (most days anyway)
24. I try new things that scare me
25. I had a job 6 months before I graduated
26. I got my own apartment straight out of college
27. I promptly dumped my apartment to save for a wedding and a home when I got engaged
28. I am getting married to my best friend even though I had "planned" to be single after college
29. I am wise enough to let the best laid plans go
30. I recommitted myself to Weight Watchers after maintaining for 7 months
31. I completed the 30 Day Shred program
32. I completed the C25K Program
33. I became a "runner"
34. I ran in an 8K
35. I inspired my mother to start walking again and she's stuck with it for 5 weeks so far
36. I went down 3 dress sizes
37. I lost 45lbs so far and have kept it off
38. I lost 19.8% of my heaviest weight
39. I decided to create a weightloss blog and have updated it every week since
40. I want to run in a 5K (well, a bunch of them actually) since I skipped that distance and went for the 8K.
41. I want to run in a 10K.
42. I want to do a triathlon.
43. I want to take a yoga or a dance class.
44. I want to own a townhome, house, condo, something, anything in 2010!
45. I want to continue to update this blog as long as it brings me happiness.
46. I want to paint one painting a year as long as it brings me pleasure.
47. I want to finally make a scrap book out of the hundreds of dollars worth of supplies I have.
48. I want to start a blog about my wedding planning.
49. I want to lose the last 20 lbs.
50. I want to have a healthy BMI.
51. I want to run some kind of business one day- baking, cooking, event planning, something crafty or a dog-breading business.
52. I want to take at least 1 vacation a year for the rest of my working career to recharge.
53. I want to go to Tahiti, Italy, Australia, and Greece at some point.
54. I want to continue to appreciate my relationships.
55. I want to stay best friends with my fiance.
56. I want to create a family tree and history to learn more about my ancestors.
57. I want to bake my grandma's Christmas cookies every year to celebrate her, her life, and something beautiful that she taught me.
58. I want to continue to volunteer to help veterans out of respect for my grandfather and the sacrifices he made for my country.
59. I want to learn how to remove all sorts of stains from clothing (a seemingly protected secret of grandma's everywhere).
60. I want to learn how to better iron clothes and be disciplined enough to do it every so often instead of tossing clothes in the dryer or buying tons of Downy de-wrinkle spray.
61. I want to plant a garden and grows vegetables and herbs.
62. I want to cook dinner for my family with the vegetables and herbs that I grew myself.
63. I want to stay interested and involved in cooking dinners instead of eating out.
64. I want to keep buying my Christmas wrapping paper and cards right after the Christmas before to save lots of money!
65. I want to create a database of the addresses for my Christmas cards and birthday cards so I never forget someone I love.
66. I want to have children (healthy children).
67. I want to create an environment where my children are nurtured to be creative, curious, and healthy.
68. I want to always remember that it is better to create structure for my children instead of being their best friend (like my mother did). Children will have many friends and do not need one more, but they only have one mother.
69. I want to be lucky enough to remember that home is being with those you love. It is not the square footage of the home, nor the coast you reside on that defines your home, but it is being surrounded by those you love.
70. I want to own a boat.
71. I want to throw an awesome birthday party for every decade my fiance ages- 30, 40, etc.
72. I want to be open enough with myself and my friends because in my honesty I always find solace and in the process sometimes I help my friends find solace.
73. I want my friends and my family to remember me as someone who was always honest, open, loving, sharing, supportive, and there for them when they needed someone.
74. I want to always live near the water, preferably the ocean because I am always reminded of who I am when I watch the waves crash onto the shore- only one person in a great big world.
75. I want to learn how to speak some Italian- I find it to be oh so sexy!
76. I want to learn to love every inch of my body.
77. I want to treat my body with respect and give in the nutrition and exercise it deserves.
78. I want to recognize my family's health history and take active steps to prevent those diseases that claimed lives.
79. I want to make healthy choices because I love myself and not because I hate the way I look (i.e too fat)
80. I want to get promoted.
81. I want to always believe in the company I work for- I invest so much of my time there so I should love and respect what my company does.
82. I want to find balance between a work life and my personal life.
83. I want to remember that taking time out for me is not taking time away from those I love but an investment in a healthy future with loved ones.
84. I want to find a balance between saving for the future and enjoying the present.
85. I want to find more blogs that I truly enjoy to add to my Google Reader. I only follow those that I enjoy reading every post!
86. I want my teeth professionally whitened.
87. I want to get massages more often.
88. I want to learn how to use my smart phone to it's potential- I pay so much for it but barely tap into it's capabilities.
89. I want to remember to take time for my fiance, even when life gets busy, because he has my heart.
90. I want a Kitchen Aid standing mixer!!
91. I want to make my own ice cream, sausage, pasta, and tomato sauce because these items are so special when homemade.
92. I want to be a grandmother.
93. I want to live to enjoy my retirement.
94. I want a big back yard with an in-ground pool for my children to play in. So much of my childhood memories are wrapped up in my parents pool and I want that for my children.
95. I want a puppy of my own to train- a Shiba Inu to be exact.
96. I want a classic set of diamond earrings and a pearl necklace to be passed down for generations.
97. I want the perfect red lipstick.
98. I want to be surrounded by love.
99. I want to always be proud of the life I lead.
100. I want all of these "wants" to come to fruition or to adapt them as I change and my life changes.
Thank you to the wonderful people who have come into my life via the blogging world. I cherish your posts and your comments more than you know.