Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weigh In and My Weekend

Weigh in Monday: -3.0lbs, 184.6lbs
Food
B: Oatmeal (3 pts), 3 munchkins (3.5 pts- whopps!)
S: Fiber One bar (2 pts)
L: 1/2 chicken sandwich and gazpacho @ Hale and Hearty (7pts)
S: Fruit salad (2pts)
D: Bruschetta angel hair pasta with grilled chicken and balsamic reduction (13 pts)
Total- 29.5 pts (used 3 AP earned and 0.5 WP)
Exercise: 30 Day Shred, L1 w/ 5lb weights (3 AP)

I went to the Bronx Zoo this weekend; I try to go once every summer. I love animals! It's really comforting and soothing for me to observe animals. The Bronx Zoo also does a really nice job with the animals' faux habitats so it's a pleasant experience instead of an animal in a cage kind of a feel. My fiance and I really enjoyed each other's company and were sure to act like children. Exhibit A: Take a picture with a weird prop from the gift store:

My greatest eating triumph this weekend was my lunch choice. Last year when we went to the zoo, fiance and I split the fried chicken fingers and a soda. This year fiance got his own and I chose and grilled chicken, tomato, spinach, provolone and red pepper romesco sauce on ciabatta. Props to the Bronx zoo for having choices. Eating the whole sandwich was around 11 points, which is high but I needed my energy for all the walking we were doing because the Bronx Zoo is huge!
Exhibit B for acting like children: a snapshot of some suggestive animal species

A snap of one of the lemurs in the newly constructed (2008) Madagascar exhibit. It's such a great exhibit!
There are even beautiful peacocks that roam the zoo, this one finds solace on the grass that is clearly labeled with "Keep off the grass":

6 comments:

Carlos said...

looks like a fun goofy time

GeminiJulia said...

I love the Bronx Zoo--it is a great way to get in touch with your inner child & hanging out w/animals. Plus all the APs you get from walking EVERYWHERE!
Nice job on your 3lb loss too :)

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'm wild about the zoo, too.

Props to the Bronx Zoo for having something halfway healthy on the menu...

Ruth said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Great job on the 3 lb weight loss. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Great job on the weight loss! I love the Bronx Zoo, but haven't been there in years. Your sandwich looks delicious.

Meredith said...

I really love the exhibit picture from lunch. I feel that way sometimes. My husband eats everything that takes good and I eat everything that is good for me.