Monday, May 18, 2009

Weigh In and Weekend Update

Boo-ya! I had an awesome loss this week: -2.6lbs! This puts me at 181lbs. I'm seriously excited considering the Panera debacle and the number of times I ate outside my home last week. I ate out for every single meal this weekend (but not all by choice).

It's been really difficult for me to teach myself that eating out is not an opportunity to eat whatever I want. Growing up, my family rarely went out to eat (usually just for a birthday or to celebrate a graduation) thanks to my mom's delicious and consistent cooking. So, going out to eat was always a free for all with my family. I am not lying to you when I say that one time at Outback Steakhouse blood was shed over the Aussie Cheese Fries. This wild event all ended with my father bleeding and my brother proclaiming to my father, "It's not my fault that you have paper-thin skin, old man!"

How many times did I eat out last week? 10 times!
Thursday
California Pizza Kitchen- pizza and red wine
Friday
Rest Stop Convenience store- cereal, apple, coffee, and a special k bar Cracker Barrel- two eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 order hashbrowns, 1/2 order fried apples, 1/2 piece of corn bread
Saturday
Anthony David's (Italian) in Hoboken, NJ - eggs benedict with hollandaise on the side
Filipino food at a friend's home- puncit, roast chicken, lupia
Ralph's Italian Ice- small spumoni
Wild Ginger (Japanese) in Hoboken, NJ- sezchuan chicken and shrimp with white rice
Sunday
Bagel and coffee from a deli
Margherita's (Italian) in Hoboken, NJ- rigatoni with meat sauce, 1/2 caesar salad

Incidentally, my weekend of eating out ended at Margherita's, which is also the location of my and my fiance's first date. We decided to hit it up after our engagement session photo shoot, which was amazing! Check out the pictures and my weight loss progress here: Our Engagement Session


And a special thanks to Emily at Black Dog Photography for her amazing work.

3 comments:

GeminiJulia said...

Ashley you look terrific! You & Joe are adorable in these photos. It looked like you were having fun too.

Congrats on the big loss this week--sometimes your metabolism surprises you & you think you screwed up, but it kicks it up a notch. Yay!

Carlos said...

great pictures your dress looks great! although that one shot game me total cannon envy!

Bare It All said...

Congrats on the loss...the 170's are knocking on your door!