Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's Day Smack-down

The bar can easily become my enemy- especially on St. Patty's Day when the drinks are free and the corned beef is served buffet style. I had to drive, so I easily limited myself to one drink. I don't really like st. patty's day foods, so I could resist the open buffet, but it was tempting when my friends started ordering plates of bar food. I have to give myself a little pat on the back for only eating the celery sticks off the wings plate.

I could have easily consumed a days worth of points at the bar- I hadn't eaten dinner, I haven't been out to a bar in 2 months, etc. I just wish I could have capped off a day of good choices with some exercise. If I do only one thing tonight, it will be exercise!

1 comment:

GeminiJulia said...

Kudos to you! My willpower is not as strong once I'm having a drink or two. St. Pattys on a Tuesday was fortunate that we just went out for one drink, not 10. Those wings might have still been tempting though...