Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A little bit lower now

Two weeks ago I told you all about how I was "low" in terms of weightloss. These past two weeks actually have me feeling down. I am disappointed in myself. I really got carried away the past two weeks allowing myself to eat past full, drink alcohol in excess, and make very poor choices. I got what I deserved with +3.0lb over the past two weeks.

I skipped exercise on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Thursday was date night and it was a doozie- fiance an I had Brazil Steakhouse Rodizio- i.e. non-stop skewers of meats and endless sides. I didn't mind the caloric splurge because this is only the second time I have had Rodizio in my life, and it was truly a date- romantic and great conversation.

This weekend my fiance and I went to the Hoboken Italian Festival- it was awesome to be in my old town. I miss it! We actually spent the weekend in Hoboken at our old apartment (our friends, and one former roommate still live there). We had great company, but I definitely hit the food and the booze too hard.

Friday was Mexican feast- I had 5 tortilla chips with salsa, 2 margaritas, 2 glasses sangria, pollo asado with rice and refried beans- very yummy. I am pleased with my eats choices, but not with the drinking.

Saturday was literally an all-day eat-fest: Steak and eggs for brunch, 1/3 of a funnel cake and 1/3 of a chocolate strawberry crepe for lunch, mushroom and asparagus risotto and bread pudding for dinner and dessert- eek! I did horribly

I crushed the poor eating Sunday night. I planned out all meals for the week, I went food shopping, and I stocked up on new food containers so I can pack my lunch more often. I even packed my lunch for Monday the night before. Then, my thoughtful fiance got my lunch out of the fridge for me as I grabbed my purse- I ended up leaving my lunch at home :-( Right now I take the train to work, so there was no turning around to get my lunch once I was on the train. This was the last straw for me, I was actually crying on the train because I was so upset with my recent failures in weight loss.

I'm trying to bounce back, one planned out healthy meal and exercise routine at a time. I am proud of the efforts I am making- baby steps.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I have done the same the thing and let myself just do what I wanted. And wow the scale smacks me in the face when I step on it. I am on day 2 back on track.

We can do this. Keep your chin up.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Wow, I think I gained two pounds just reading about your past week.

Sevenbeads said...

Your progress has been amazing. Focus on that. We've all slipped - I do it on a regular basis. Try to analyze what's going on (self-sabotage in my case) and work through it. Easier said than done! I enjoy your blog.

Bare It All said...

Yikes. A bad few days. I bet you can turn it around though! You've come so far--four days won't set you back forever.