Monday, July 27, 2009

A little bit of honesty

I over-ate all weekend. I knew I was doing it, but I did it anyway. I am feeling badly about my weightloss efforts and my family right now. This destructive behavior is a direct form of self-punishment.

Friday, I ran 2.5 miles, so I was glad that I am getting back into my running, but I still wasn't proud of myself because it was only 2.5 miles. My eating was fair- cereal, rice cake with peanut butter, chips and queso dip, grilled chicken, zucchini and garlic linguine, and I finished the day off with a hot fudge sundae.

Saturday, I started my day off with 2 donuts and coffee. Lunch was some chicken and eggplant parmesan. Then, I snuck in another donut as a snack. For dinner I made fried zucchini as an appetizer and had london broil, grilled shrimp and a some fettuccine alfredo, and for dessert I had an apple cobbler flurry (apple cobbler ingredients mixed with soft vanilla ice cream).

Sunday was not nearly as destructive as Saturday but fair nonetheless- bagel with cream cheese and half an english muffin for breakfast, a few chips, a piece of a roast beef and cheese wrap, salad, cocktail shrimp, and cake at a bridal shower, then dinner was ziti and 1 meatball, dessert was some peanut butter munch candy from my Poconos trip as I tried to finish the last of my thank-you's for my engagement party.

I have no idea how many points or calories are in the food I ate, because frankly I am not tracking them right now. I have been only tracking Monday- Thursday for the past few weeks. Sometimes, I'll go back and try to track in vain what I ate over the weekend, but we all know I'm not fooling anyone. I'm not getting results because I'm not trying. It's pretty plain and simple.

Maybe writing all this will help me realize the mistakes I am making, or maybe when I weigh myself later today and see the horrific gain, I'll get a slap in the face that I very much need.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Everything bad can be undone. You can easily fix your mistakes. Congrats on running. Don't get discouraged. Your run is probably longer than the majority of people run in a week.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I hate that toe-in-the-icy-water feeling of half-assing this weight loss business (and what else can you honestly call combining rice cakes and donuts in the same 24-hour period).

I don't know you, Ashley, and I have no idea how badly you want this. But I'll tell you that you need to jump into the freezing water if you wanna be successful. You gotta commit, and then ride that commitment.

My experience was that cutting out the crap was tough, but a vital part to getting the results I wanted.

I wish you the best of luck.

Bare It All said...

I had a similar weekend. I feel awful. WW has an article on their home page today about the "twilight zone" that some enter at certain times and don't track and just let it all fall to the wayside. I recommend it.

You can do this. Don't let the stress around you derail all your hard work. Stand back up today and make those choices that make you happy. I've seen you do it before.

Carlos said...

hang in there...just one weekend...

theantijared said...

Don't let the weekend get to you.

You have been dedicated for months. You still are!