Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend in review

I finally got a lot accomplished this weekend. I whined about how sick I've been lately, so I figured I could brag about how I am feeling better.

On Saturday, I ventured into NYC with my fiance to spend the day with a great friend from my high school days. I had talked about how I was doing the 30 Day Shred and had great results on the phone with her. Well, when I saw her this weekend, she informed me that she ordered the dvd because of me. It made me so happy that I had that influence on her. I hope it brings her results as good or better than mine!

While in the city, we went ice skating. I am less than graceful when it comes to winter sports, and I have only been ice skating a total of three times now. Well, I fell twice. The first time was not so bad, but I made sure to make up for that landing by smashing up my knee pretty good on the second fall. I rested yesterday, but I plan to Shred later tonight. It's going to be fun with my nice black and blue knee.

On Sunday, the fiance and I finally took down the Christmas decorations. We also did the usual mundane weekend activities of food shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc.

One a side note: I'd also like to mention how much I love the NYC because the restaurants have to post the caloric content on the menus. It made eating out at a new place completely doable! We went to a french bakery for lunch and I had a quiche and salad. It was delicious and I am able to estimate about how many points it was based on the calories.

No comments: