Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alive and well

It's been about a month since I've showed my face around these parts. I know sometimes everyone assumes that things aren't well when someone doesn't blog regularly. Well, I can assure you that I was not barricaded in a room somewhere stuffing myself full of food, sky-rocketing my weight.
I'm happy (well, not happy exactly) to report that I am still at 185lbs. I'm happy because in my past, death of family has always equalled eating for comfort, and I have not let my grandmother's death become an excuse to eat. On the flip side, no real progress has been made to chip away the pounds.
Since my last post, I've had some great weeks of exercise and eating, with one not so great week throw in there. I ate lots on Valentine's Day when my fiance and I made a wonderful 5 course meal:
Are you drooling, yet?

I had a tasting for my wedding - I showed surprising restraint because the next day I was flying to the Bahamas and my parents and my fiances' parents joined us for a great night:
Joe, Me, Mom, Dad, Donna, and Joe
It felt amazing to be in the sun and completely forget about work for a bit:

Since then, I have been working really hard. Even though I do find time to read everyone's blogs on my train rides to work, I really miss posting and commenting. It's the interaction with everyone that I crave.
Until next time, be well everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the beach! I'm thinking I need a vacation soon!