Thursday, March 25, 2010

I need to re-focus on myself

If my life only consisted of work, then I could easily say that things are awesome. I am a person, with needs, and what I really need is to re-focus my energy back on myself.

Honestly, my life is revolving around work right now. I am working so hard to get a promotion and I am well on my way, but I am starting to feel like my life is suffering because of this.

Case in point: My "normal" work day is 9.5 hours. The past two weeks I have put in 12 - 16 hours and my health is definitely suffering. We order in food when we work long hours. I have done a decent job of making healthy selections (the good choices: steamed vegetarian dumplings, edamame, chicken satay, miso soup; the bad choices: bagel, cupcake, chicken tikka masala, and a small amount of mac and cheese), but there is absolutely no time for exercise. It is beautiful outside - I should be running! At the very least, I should be popping in the Shred to stay toned. I find it impossible to squeeze in exercise as the long work hours require a certain amount of sleep to maintain focus and energy.

I miss exercise...
I miss running...
I miss yoga...
I miss toning...

I miss weighing-in and seeing a loss every week....

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

It's tough to keep a balance but you def need to spend a little quality time on yourself. You won't enjoy the benefits of that promotion if you don't take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I wish I had some better advice, but I think we all get overwhelmed with life sometimes and drop the ball in other areas. The best advice I've heard from busy, busy people is to schedule exercise into your day just like it's a meeting.

I work out at lunch most days of the week and I always bring my own breakfast, snacks, and lunch that I've packed the night before. That really seems to help me make good choices!