Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year and Updates

Welcome back to the grind, everyone. I hope you had a fun filled New Years. Mine was filled with lots of debauchery- from gluttonous eating, to excessive drinking, and the ultimate laziness of lounging in bed.
I know that I gained weight because I kept peeking at the scale all week, but I'll officially weigh in tonight and post it soon. I also intend to go back to posting of weekly weightloss. I stopped doing this because the lacks of losses was embarrassing, but I definitely need to keep my weightloss front and center to remind me that progress doesn't come without effort.

Work - Stress Relationship
The hardest part for me is the amount of stress I have been under with work. It really challenges me to fit in any kind of workout, cook proper meals, food shop in a timely manner, and not binge on high fat foods. I have mostly been failing these challenges lately. In positive news, I have started a new project as of today and anticipate a much more regular work hours, yay!

Wedding Stuff
I have less than 330 days to my wedding. This may seem like all the time in the world for weightloss, but the truth of the matter is that I haven't lost any weight since last May, when I reached my all time low of 180lbs. I found my wedding dress in November and it will be ready for fittings in May. I didn't do anything crazy, like order down a wedding dress size so I would truly like to be at my goal weight when the dress comes in so that the fittings can be started immediately. I worry about losing more weight and having my dress hang off of me and not having enough time to take it in. It needs to be a really tight fit because it's a mermaid shape- aka. fitted all the way down the body, almost to the knees.

Baby Steps
I don't have some mastermind of a plan in place for attacking the goal of being at goal by May, mostly because I haven't set aside time to do it, so I'm starting with baby steps for this week to get myself back on track.
Baby Step #1 - exercise at least 4 times this week
Baby Step #2 - do not eat any chocolate candy this week because you have forgotten how to control yourself
Baby Step #3- track your points this week

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Your dress sounds beautiful! You will look stunning on your wedding day.

Unknown said...

Good idea with the baby steps. They make the whole thing sound a lot less overwhelming. Good luck! Keep blogging and keep us updated :)

Carlos said...

happy new year... love the baby steps! go you

GeminiJulia said...

Hi Ashley! Happy New Year & Welcome back! Thanks for posting this because I think we've kind of been paralleling a lot this year--through our successes, struggles, our highs and lows. I think this year will be a great year for both of us--baby steps are a good way to start. I especially enjoy baby step #2 because that's me in a nutshell.

Let's get a fresh start this year :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You are a really beautiful woman and your beau obviously thinks so too! Good luck on your journey. I love the title of your blog. Very funny!

www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i've missed you! glad you are back! pics of the dress? :)