Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hitting a wall

I hit a wall for the second time in my weightloss efforts (the first time being when I started my weightloss journey). I found myself slowly doing away with healthy eating habits that took months (and will take many more months) to develop. After a cheeseburger, fries, AND soda for lunch on Monday I knew I was becoming a different person. Throughout this journey, I haven't ever restricted myself from eating a cheeseburger, fries, or soda BUT I would never be fine with eating that kind of a meal on a regular basis. I wait until I am truly craving a cheeseburger for a few days and then I get a yummy cheeseburger and savor it, usually only consuming 1/2 to 3/4 of it.
This cheeseburger incident is only one of the few horrific choices I have made lately. I have become lazy about preparing my food. I put my foot down though and went food shopping on Monday. I have made all breakfasts and lunches since then. It's only been two days, but it's two days of calories and money saved by making these meals. Bringing my breakfasts and lunches has also ensured that I get more fruit and veggies into my diet.

Food and Moves for the week;
Monday
B- oatmeal with brown sugar, almonds, and dried cranberries
L- Cheeseburger, fries, coke
D- Whole wheat pasta with shrimp and artichoke hearts in garlic white wine sauce
S- none
E- 20 mins shoulders and abs

Tuesday
B- bagel with 1tbsp butter
L- Smartones egg sandwich
D- pizza (2 slices) and salad with 1 tbsp vinegarette
S- 2 clementines, red wine
E

Wednesday
B- yogurt strawberries and sliced almonds, fiber one bar
L- sandwich thin with hummus, roasted red pepper, spinach, and roast beef
D- lemon chicken, cous cous, and spinach
S- non-fat latte, grapes
E- hitting up the gym tonight!

2 comments:

GeminiJulia said...

The difference between now and then is that you DID put your foot down & take action. Good for you for busting through the wall. :)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how those habits trickle back in and before you know it, all of the bad ones are happening at once. Ugh.

Good for you for taking notice though and working out to balance your choices. I know you can do it!