Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ambition to Lose

A synopsis of how I got to be overweight and what I plan to do about it...

I lost someone very close to me during my sophomore year of college. I turned to food for comfort because I didn't allow myself to use the people around me for support and strength, mostly because these people were grieving the loss as well.
I gained LOTS of weight, 40+ pounds, and kept it on for almost two years. Then, I had the opportunity to go on my first "real" spring break trip (a Caribbean Cruise) as a college student. I wanted to feel comfortable in my bathing suit and enjoy myself more than I could at that weight. I joined Weight Watchers (WW) online in January 2007 and lost almost 20 lbs in 3 months.
I enjoyed the vacation, but did not stick to the WW plan during or after it. The weight slowly crept back for the rest of the year until I got fed up during the holidays. I recommitted myself to WW in January 2008 and lost the same 20 lbs but have managed to keep it off all year. I've stopped losing weight, however, and I attribute it to my lax WW point counting, binge eating, and inconsistent exercise regiment.
I'd like to have more accountability for my actions to help me achieve my goal so I will chronicle my successes, failures, and reflections along the way to help take off the next 20 lbs. I also have a true passion for cooking and pride myself in my recipes so I'll be sure to share them with you.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Good luck! You can do it!